Any citizenship, passport, or visa matters are handled by the Embassy of Hungary in Washington D.C. or a Consulate General of Hungary (list) that covers your region. For more information on all consular services (citizenship, passport, etc.), please click here.
Services provided by the Honorary Consulate of Hungary in Charlotte
- Signature authentications of Hungarian-language documents
- Certified copies of material in Hungarian language
- General inquiries about Hungary
- Translation services
- Contact point for Hungarian citizens in critical situations.
NOTE: If you are in an emergency, please contact 9-1-1.
To request an appointment with the Honorary Consulate of Hungary, please contact us and include the following:
- the nature of your request
- your contact information
- the urgency level
We schedule visits by appointment only. We will respond to your appointment request and arrange a date and time with you to meet at the Honorary Consulate. Once an appointment has been booked, you will receive a confirmation and more information, including how to prepare and what to bring with you.
2021 fee schedule
- signature authentications - USD 37 per authentication
Examples: If you sign a document 3 times, but only need one authentication at the end, that is 1 authentication. If you need 3 original (independently signed and authenticated) copies of a document, that is 3 authentications.
- certified copies - USD 25 per certification
The Honorary Consulate is located in a residential area. Upon arrival, please park in the driveway close to the street.
If you need to cancel or move the appointment, please let us know at your earliest convenience.