Any citizenship, passport, or visa matters are handled by the Embassy of Hungary in Washington D.C. or a Consulate General of Hungary (list) that covers your region. For more information on all consular services (citizenship, passport, etc.), please click here.
The Honorary Consulate of Hungary provides the following services:
- Signature authentications of Hungarian-language documents
- Certified copies of material in Hungarian language
- General inquiries about Hungary
To request an appointment with the Honorary Consulate of Hungary, please contact us at charlotte.hungary[at]foreignservice.network and include the following:
- the nature of your request
- your contact information
- the urgency level
We accept visitors by appointment only (no regular office hours). We will respond to your appointment request and arrange a date and time with you to meet at the Honorary Consulate.
Once an appointment has been established, please bring the following items with you:
- A government-issued ID (passport or driver's license)
- Any documentation, if applicable
- A personal check, money order, or cash to cover any applicable fees
Fee schedule (full list):
- signature authentications - USD 36 per authentication
Examples: If you sign a document 3 times, but only need one authentication at the end, that is 1 authentication. If you need 3 original (independently signed and authenticated) copies of a document, that is 3 authentications.
- certified copies - USD 24 per certification
The Honorary Consulate is located in a residential area. Upon arrival, please park on the street side and do not block the driveway.
If you need to cancel or move the appointment, please let us know at your earliest convenience.